Floating while Pregnant
Women that are in their 2nd and 3rd trimesters of pregnancy are able to float after seeking advice from their healthcare provider.
Being pregnant is a wonderful time in any woman’s life. The changes to your body as you prepare to bring a baby into the world are endless but one of the largest changes is obviously the amount of extra kilos you end up carrying around with you everyday. In a typical pregnancy the woman may gain between 10 and 20 kilos. Which is very healthy for your baby and for you, but for your back, hips, knees and feet this can be a challenge. Gravity is relentless and in the final stages of your pregnancy there is no position, sitting, standing, laying down, or otherwise that can relieve this pressure. Until they invented the floatation tank. The zero-gravity environment created by floating on epsom salt saturated water is unique and an unbelievable relief.
Pregnant Floating better than normal floating
Floating while pregnant is indeed better than floating when you are not pregnant for one reason massive reason. You need it more than everybody else. Absolutely you will get the benefits that everyone else receives when they float, the dopamine and endorphin release, the mental clarity and calmness, the ability to meditate without the distractions of the senses, but you will also benefit from a unique oneness with your baby (some women can even hear their babies heartbeat), relief from the additional kilos that you are carrying around, and the ability to be comfortable while laying down.
What should you tell your healthcare provider about floating
- The water is heated to exactly the skin temperature of the body (34.5C) and your core body temperature will not rise
- The water contains 300KG’s of Magnesium Sulphate (Epsom Salt) which will allow anyone to float effortlessly
- The water is filtered to less than 20microns, pH balanced, sanitised with a minimum of 2ppm of bromine
- There is direct airflow through the tank with specially designed ventilation system to encourage air flow and direction
- Lights and safety alarms are also available for your comfort